What does QuickBooks Error code 6000 mean?
QuickBooks is a prevalent and widely used accounting software that plays a remarkable role in business, irrespective of the scale and size of your company. However, sometimes, you may face plenty of errors while opening a company file. One such annoying error is QuickBooks Error Code 6000. In case you have encountered the same issue and are looking for the best ways to mend this error. In this post, we will help you understand what does QuickBooks Error code 6000 mean and why does this issue occur. Also, in the end, we will discuss some best troubleshooting methods that will resolve your error in the least possible time.
QuickBooks Error code 6000
QuickBooks Error 6000 is an error code that generally appears when a user attempts to open the company file. This error occurs on your screen, followed by an additional 3 or 4 digits, and it has a format of 6000, XXXX. For example:
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
- QuickBooks Error 6138, -105
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 83, and many more
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6000
You may face QuickBooks Error Code 6000 due to the underlying reasons:
- Corrupted or damaged TLG file
- QuickBooks installation file is corrupted
- More than one users have logged into the same company file
- You have incorrectly configured the network connection in your system
- The firewall is blocking your connection
How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6000?
- Method 1: Rename .TLG and .ND file
- Method 2: Copy the company file on the desktop
- Method 3: Restore the backup of your company file
- Method 4: Recreate the damaged folder
- Method 5: Shut down all QuickBooks processes